This is our number one support question from our ConfigOS customers.
Software License Keys –
SteelCloud provides every customer with two unique software license keys (Foundry and Command Center) necessary to activate your ConfigOS software. Both License Keys have a “.lic” file extension.
• The Foundry License key is used to activate the ConfigOS Foundry software during the installation process.
• The Command Center License key is used to activate Command Center software during the installation process.
• Store the License Keys in a safe place because you will need them for reinstallation and expansion of your environment. If License Keys are misplaced, SteelCloud can send you replacement copies.
Encryption Keys –
The ConfigOS Foundry creates two encryption keys when it is first installed. Both the “Foundry” Key and a “Client” Key have a “.key” file extension.
• You must install the ConfigOS Foundry to generate the Foundry and Client Keys
• The Client Key is a prerequisite for the installation of ConfigOS Command Center.
• The Foundry Key is used if you license multiple Foundries that you want to share the same encryption key create content for the same instance of Command Center.
• Protect these keys because you will need them for reinstallation and expansion of your environment. These keys cannot be regenerated if misplaced.
For more content like this, visitor our customer portal: https://www.steelcloud-access.com/home.
Leave a comment